Making your WP site social media friendly
Integrating social media to a media is very important. The importance of social media can be understood by the fact that:
- There are 7 Billion people on earth
- Out of these & billion, 3 billion people are active internet users
- Out of there 3 billion active internet users, 2.1 billion people use social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter etc!
Its 2.1 BILLION! Thats huge!
This data is enough to convince anyone to make his site social media friendly. Always remember that a blog which is loved by users will be shared on social media for sure and one must make t easy for users to do the same.
To that end, here are some of points one should consider to make a site or blog social media friendly!
1. Adding Social Media integrated comments
Adding Facebook or Google plus comments below the blog posts makes commenting easy for users. As most of the users are already logged in either google plus or facebook, they find it quick to post. Choosing google plus of facebook depends on the audience your blog has. Ideally facebook comments are considered better as they tend to attract more traffic towards blog.
Recommended Plugin: Facebook Comments by Alex Moss
2. Placing share plugins
Social media sharing buttons are seen on almost every blog but the problem is most of them are not properly optimized. There are a few things to consider
- Make sure that the plugins are responsive and go well with the mobile version of your site.
- Always test the Social sharing plugins on both multiple screens before making them live.
- Yes it is tempting to add all social media buttons but it's better to use maximum 3-4 networks. more buttons confuse users.
- keep a check on effect of social media buttons on page loading time.
Recommended Plugin: Wordpress social share by Social9
3. Social Lockers
If you think the information you are sharing on your blog is worth a share, hen try adding a social locker. Social lockers lock the content to the users until they share the url on any of their preferred social networks. This is very helpful for create a viral effect and often results in lots of relevant traffic to the blog.
Plugin Recommended: OnePress Social Locker
4. Offering Social Login
Social login is allowing your users to signup using their preferred social networks like facebook or google plus. This way users don't have to fill that lengthy form to register on your site and sign up is done within seconds. Social login is proved to be helpful in increasing signups and hence conversions.
Plugin recommended: Social Login by LoginRadius.
P.S. Social login solutions are not free, it has a monthly fee.